ALCo Privacy Notice – September 2023
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘who we are and what do we do’ section below.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical, or business developments. We will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
Who we are and what we do?
Aqua Libra Co (“ALC”) is a trading name of Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd and is a leading supplier and manufacturer of boiling and chilled water dispensing taps and, like most businesses, holds and processes a wide range of data.
Britvic is the data controller responsible for your information. We are an English company with company number 00517211 and our registered office address is:
We are also registered at the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number Z6054065. Britvic PLC is also registered at the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA299386.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the address above or the following telephone number: 0800 080 6696.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about us, please see the “About Us” section of our Website at http://www.britvic.com/about-us/who-we-are.
What personal information do we collect and why?
When you visit our Websites or interact with our brands online, we obtain, use, store and transfer various types of information related to you. Types of information may include but are not limited to:
- Contact information (full name, address, email address and phone number)
- Payment information for purchases (card details, billing information) or information required for subscriptions
- Technical information (including internet protocol (IP) address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information including cookie choices
- Information relating to how you have interacted and used this website including marketing preferences
- Comments, photos or other content you choose to share with us including records of conversations
- Information provided as part of a competition entry, feedback, survey or for events
- Additional information required for prize fulfilment (full name, home address, bank details)
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, to submit enquiries to us and/or to comment on or evaluate our products or Website. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include Technical information as outlined above. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Information about your interactions with email messages and other communications, such as whether you opened or forwarded the email or clicked on links contained in the email may also be obtained.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website are of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors. In addition, in accordance with your expressed preferences, we and third parties automatically collect certain information through automated means about your activities over time across our Website as well as across third-party websites, apps or other media.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including companies which facilitate our competitions or provide media and marketing services to us) and in certain circumstances combine it with other information we hold about you, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we may collect from third parties may include your contact information and we use the information we receive from these third parties to contact you if we have your consent to do so.
We may send you marketing messages about us and our products by email, SMS and/or social media posts. In relation to marketing activity, we may process your information for the following reasons:
- Profiling and Interest-based advertising (also known as targeted or personalised advertising or ads) based on your interests as inferred from your activities over time on the Website and online services operated by third parties, as well as information from other sources.
- Developing, managing, and conducting advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions and offers, including about our content, products, and services or third parties’ products, services, and other initiatives.
- Creating custom and lookalike audiences.
- Cross-device linking. If you access the Website from multiple browsers or devices, we, our service providers and third parties may try to establish connections among and link the different browsers and devices you use and our content or ads published elsewhere in certain circumstances. This helps us provide you with a seamless experience across the browsers and devices you use and serve you with more relevant content and ads.
- Analysing and measuring the performance, effectiveness and reach of our advertising (including interest-based ads) and marketing efforts on the Website and elsewhere.
You can tell us you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us by
- Unsubscribing from our marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails we send you
- By using our online contact forms or
- By post to Breakspear Park, Breakspear Way, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4TZ
We use social plugins (buttons) of social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
When a button is activated, the social network can retrieve information independently, whether you interact with the button or not. Where you have logged in to a social network, the network can assign any of your visits to the website to your user account.
If you're a member of a social network and do not want that social network to combine information retrieved from your visit to our websites with information they hold on you, you will need to log out from the social network concerned before activating the buttons.
Calls to us
Calls that you make to us are recorded for training and quality control purposes.
Special provisions for children under the age of 13
If you're a child under the age of 13, please DO NOT send us any information about yourself unless one of your parents or a guardian has agreed to us having that information and you can show us that they have agreed.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We don't share your information with third parties unless it is with:
- Your consent.
- Another company in the Britvic Group which shall include our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company (Britvic PLC), and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. An up to date list of companies in the Britvic Group is available here: http://www.britvic.com/where-we-operate.
- Third party service providers and/or data processors including payment providers, delivery services and advertising and marketing related suppliers.
- Social media platforms so they can try to ‘match’ your data with the data of their registered users. Where there is a match, the platform will display our advertising to you and, based on data that the platform has obtained about you, find other registered users that share similar traits to you (or ‘look like’ you) so that our advertising can be shown to those users too.
- Google Analytics - Web Analytics platform.
- Law enforcement or government authorities, or if we believe it is necessary for legal or public safety reasons; and/or
- The new owner of either a Britvic Group company, or a Britvic Group company’s asset, in the event of a sale.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and process personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. Examples may include to provide you with products or services, to communicate with you and for our advertising and marketing purposes. In line with these examples, our legitimate interests would include making improvements to, customising and understanding how you interact with our Website and related content, products or services, and sending you communications about products and services we think may be of interest to you.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the ‘how to contact us’ section.
You don't have to give us your information. But if you don't, we won't be able to communicate with you. Sometimes that means that we won't be able to respond to a question. It might also affect our ability to look into and report back to you on an issue you've raised. Other times, it might mean you won't be able to participate in a promotion or competition we're running (or that we won't be able to send you a prize if you win!).
Cookies and similar tracking technology
This Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Please remember that clicking on those links or enabling those connections requests a service from a third-party and you may allow third parties to collect or share information about you.
Your browsing and interaction on any other website, or your dealings with any other third party service provider, is subject to that website's or third party service provider's own rules and policies.
We do not monitor, control, or endorse the privacy practices of any third parties and we encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit or third party service provider that you deal with and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices.
This Privacy Notice applies solely to personal information collected by us and does not apply to these third-party website and service providers.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorised access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorised modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of the Website.
We keep your information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected for. In considering how long to keep it, we will take into account its relevance to our business and our legal and regulatory obligations.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with information or a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our Website servers are located in the EEA (UK), and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world http://www.britvic.com/where-we-operate. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We require group companies and third parties which receive your information to provide adequate safeguards.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the ‘how to contact us’ section.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the ‘how to contact us’ section.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the ‘how to contact us’ section.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.